Drunk Driving Kills – Pennsylvania Statistics
Injured by a drunk driver in the Lehigh Valley?
The statistical data in Pennsylvania when it comes to Drunk Driving and Victims of Alcohol Accidents is staggering. The Pennsylvania & National Drunk Driving Accident Statistics for 2010 reveal the following:
- 12,426 alcohol-related vehicle accidents in Pennsylvania.
- 459 fatalities that involved alcohol in Pennsylvania, which accounted for 35% of all traffic collision deaths.
- 34 alcohol-related crashes occurred in Pennsylvania every day (on average).
- The most frequently recorded BAC level among drinking drivers in fatal crashes was .17, which is more than twice the legal limit.Pennsylvania Drunk Driving Car Accident Statistics (2009)
- There were 449 alcohol-related auto accident deaths in Pennsylvania in 2009.
- More than 10,800 crashes in PA involved drinking drivers; 215 of them were fatal.
At Snyder & Wiles, Gladys Wiles understands the specific emotional components and legal aspects of drunk driving accidents. Car accidents occur in a split second, but cause tragic and permanent injuries lasting a lifetime. Even more tragic is the needless wrongful death of a loved one due to a drunk driver, a bar, liquor store, restaurant or social club serving alcohol to an intoxicated person and never once considering the consequences of their actions. For a free consultation call 610-391-9500.