Despite your best efforts, sometimes you and your ex cannot reach an agreement on Alimony and Child Support. 

If you and your ex can’t agree on a change, you’ll need to ask for a Court hearing in which each of you can argue for the amount you think is appropriate. As a general rule, in order to get a modification you must be able to show that something about your circumstances has changed since the court made the existing order. Depending on the nature of the changed circumstances, the court may make either a temporary or a permanent modification.

Nothing is more important than family. You want to do what is best for the people you love.

Examples of the types of changes that support temporary modification orders include:

  • a child’s medical emergency
  • the payer’s temporary inability to pay (for instance, because of illness or a temporary additional financial burden such as a medical emergency), or
  • temporary financial or medical hardship on the part of the recipient parent.

A permanent modification may be awarded if:

  • either parent loses a job or changes to a new job with significantly different income
  • either parent remarries and the new spouse’s income increases the household income significantly
  • the cost of living increases
  • either parent becomes disabled
  • the child’s needs change significantly, or
  • child support laws change.

Whether you are considering custody arrangements or are going through a divorce, you need to know that you have an experienced lawyer there to guide you.  At Snyder & Wiles, PC, we provide our clients with the personal service they deserve during their and their families’ most difficult times.

In every area of law, it is important to have a strong personal connection between attorney and clients, and this connection is especially key when it comes to your family. When it comes time to take action, you need to be comfortable with the advice you receive is essential.  Contact Snyder & Wiles, PC for a consultation regarding your family law matters, which includes divorce, custody, child support and spousal support.  610-391-9500.

During your strategy session, one of our licensed attorneys will provide you with:

  • A summary of facts of your case;
  • Legal issues arising from those facts;
  • Defenses or issues we’ll raise and the potential results.

Please include your telephone number and the best way to contact you.

Experienced Attorneys

  • Big firm quality. Small firm flexibility.
  • We take time to understand our clients.
  • Committed to helping the Lehigh Valley.
  • Attorneys for all aspects of your life.

Trusted Advocates Representing Lehigh Valley Residents!

Call 610-391-9500 For Your  Strategy Session


Caring, top quality legal work in Allentown.

Teresa R. from Morgantown, WV