Lehigh Valley Real Estate Attorneys Protecting You, Contract to Closing
Purchasing Real Estate, Is The Largest Investment Of Your Life. Let Us Help You Navigate The Process To Get The Best Deal At The Lowest Costs to You From Contract to Closing.
Our Lehigh Valley Real Estate Attorneys provide legal representation in real estate transactions, title insurance services, and real estate brokerage services all in one location. Call Today, 610-391-9500!
With over 20 years experience in Real Estate, our own, Attorney Gladys Wiles provides full service in Real Estate law, title insurance, real estate closings, and real estate brokerage services. Not only is Attorney Wiles the owner and operates Dream Homes PA Realty Co., which is a full service real estate brokerage firm, that provides additional support to our law clients with real estate transactions, we also provide Title Insurance services to our clients. Title Insurance provided at the State Minimum Fees!
What to Expect In A Real Estate Transaction:
- Sign Real Estate Contract. Negotiations lead to the Buyer and Seller signing a Contract typically prepared by a realtor.
- Attorney Review. The three day attorney review period begins when the fully signed Contract is delivered to both parties. Both parties then have three days to have the Contract reviewed by their own attorney.
- Call Us to Review Contract. You should immediately call our Attorneys to review your Contract. The Contract is legally binding upon signing, but is subject to your right to have an attorney propose revisions or cancel the Contract on your behalf during the three day attorney review period. This is a critical time. Under the attorney review clause, only an attorney may cancel the Contract on your behalf. Call us right away at 610-391-9500.
- Home Inspection. The Buyer has a home inspection performed usually during the first 14 days after signing the contract. Some of the things inspected for include:
- The presence of termites and carpenter ants;
- Major structural defects with the home, including roof, foundation and structural support;
- Problems with the major systems like electrical, heating, cooling and plumbing;
- Functioning of major appliances;
- The presence of high levels of radon gas, mold or other contamination; and
- Septic system and potable water (if applicable).
Depending on the inspection, further Contract negotiations may be necessary. If negotiations fail to resolve the home inspection issues, then the Contract can be canceled and the deposit returned. This is another reason why it is very important to have an experienced attorney review your Contract from the beginning.
- Apply for Mortgage. Soon after signing the Contract, the Buyer applies for mortgage loan. The Buyer is usually approved or rejected within 30 days. If the Buyer cannot obtain a mortgage, then the parties may cancel the Contract pursuant to a special clause called a “mortgage contingency clause,” and the Buyer’s deposit is returned.
- Title Inspection. The Buyer’s attorney obtains a title search, tax search and judgment search. The attorney will insure that there are no liens on the property, or restrictions which unreasonably limit the normal use of the property. The Buyer’s attorney can also assist the Buyer in obtaining a survey of the property, if required.
- Certificate of Occupancy. If the municipality where the property is located requires a certificate of occupancy as a condition of sale, the Seller obtains the certificate, unless the Contract states otherwise.
- Prepare Closing Documents and Attend Settlement. As a Title Company, our attorneys work closely with the lender in order to prepare the closing documents. Both the Buyer and the Seller attend the “real estate closing,” also known as the “real estate settlement.” This usually takes place at the office of the Buyer’s attorney or at the title company.
- Sign Documents. At the settlement, the Buyer’s attorney reviews all of the loan documents with the Buyer and makes sure that the Buyer’s interests are protected. The Seller’s attorney protects the interests of the Seller and prepares documents such as a Deed and Affidavit of Title. Frequently, issues arise at the settlement table, and the attorneys assist with negotiating and resolving those issues. The Seller delivers a Deed to the Buyer which conveys title to the property. Finally, the Buyer tenders the purchase price. This concludes the transaction.
- Time for the Buyer to Move In and Celebrate!
You deserve the best representation to protect your home and your family. We give you just that protection.
A real estate deal involves many different stages. Even after the sale has been finalized and the papers signed, problems may arise. Sellers who fail to disclose important information regarding problems or the true nature of a piece of property may be liable for repairs and damages. In order to protect our clients from dishonest sellers, we continue to represent you after the deal is finished. If problems arise at a later time, our lawyers will evaluate the issues involved and discuss your options to establish the best course of action for you.
If you are in need of an Attorney that will give you a dedicated, courteous, and professional representation, call us now at 610-391-9500 or fill out the form on this page to start your consultation today!
In every area of law, it is important to have a strong personal connection between attorney and clients, and this connection is especially key when it comes to your family. When it comes time to take action, you need to be comfortable with the advice you receive is essential. Contact Snyder & Wiles, PC for a complimentary quote on closing costs regarding your real estate matters. 610-391-9500.
Request Your Real Estate Quote
Your Quote for closing costs will be from one of our licensed attorneys:
- A summary of closing costs based on your purchase;
- State minimum costs for title insurance;
- Any issues which may arise in your transaction.
Please include your telephone number and the best way to contact you.
Prove you're not a robot:57 − 47 =
- Big firm quality. Small firm flexibility.
- We take time to understand our clients.
- Committed to helping the Lehigh Valley.
- Attorneys for all aspects of your life.